The Benefits of Secondary Glazing for existing windows
Why choose Secondary Glazing vs Double Glazing?
Secondary glazing existing windows & doors provides many benefits to commercial properties & home & apartment owners. For existing properties, secondary glazing is far superior to double glazing or triple glazing & it is also much cheaper.
In summary, the benefits of double glazed windows or doors & particularly secondary double glazing are:-
- Retrofitting double glazed windows & doors is cheaper than to install completely new double glazing for existing doors & windows as you only have to pay fo one new pane of glass … read more about the cost of Double Glazing vs Secondary Glazing.
- You keep your existing windows & doors & there is no change to the exterior facade … which is a requirement for heritage listed homes & many strata title situations … read more.
- You will save money on heating & cooling costs … read more.
- Our solution will eliminate drafts, dust & pollution … guaranteed! … read more.
- Our solution will also stop dust, smoke, pollution bugs & crawling insects from entering your home via the gaps around door & window frames … read more.
- Stop condensation forming on the inside of glass doors & windows … read more.
- Reduce the transmission of noise … read more.
- We offer added security with optional locks which are available for all our windows & doors.
- Ours is a visually appealing solution. Our windows are ultra slim & we offer a colour matching service to ensure your new windows & doors blend in perfectly with existing colour schemes. Take a look at our Photo Gallery to see how secondary double glazed windows & doors are virtually invisible.
- And finally, there is minimal disruption & mess to install the new retrofitted interior windows & doors … read more.
It typically only takes one hour per window or door, to install secondary double glazing.
Not only do you get all the benefits of double glazed windows & particularly secondary double glazing as listed above, but Sound Proof Windows has highly experienced & expert secondary glazing installers that can make your home or business quieter, more secure, more energy efficient & thus more valuable with minimal disruption to install them.
You Keep Your Existing Windows & Doors
With Secondary Glazing, we install a new door or window on the inside of the existing door or window. That’s right, there’s no need have to ‘rip out‘ your existing doors or windows.
As a result, the cost to install our secondary glazing is typically less than half the cost of installing new double glazed windows & doors.
And our secondary glazing solutions are so thin and unobtrusive that you’ll barely notice they’re there.
If you need to eliminate drafts from doors or windows, secondary glazing is your best bet. Our precision installation and high quality materials – including Polypropylene Weatherpile sealant – eliminates drafts, bugs, smoke and dust. Our window double glazing keeps out the Melbourne environment in summer and winter.
Add Value To Your Home
The issues that appear in news headlines in Melbourne these days commonly relate to the high cost of energy & sadly, increased burglaries & home invasions.
By installing our double glazing solution, you will not only reduce heat transfer through windows & doors, but with our optional locks for all our doors and windows, you increase the security of your property.
And window & door glazing is one of the most effective means of reducing external noise coming into a property, making it much quieter.
This all adds up and increases the future resale value for your property in the eyes of a potential purchaser.
Secondary glazing of windows & doors helps to stop condensation forming on the inside of your glass doors & windows. Left untreated, this damp can ultimately cause damage to the window frame & cause mould to form.
Our secondary double glazed windows &/or doors have a sealed air space between the glass and just like an insulated cup, this helps significantly to stop condensation.
Stop dust & bugs entering your home
The tight tolerances designed into our secondary window glazing plus the fact that we completely seal around the new frame means that we create a perfect seal around your existing glass doors or windows. This means no pesky bugs or annoying dust particles can enter your home, aprtment or office as may be the case presently due to the miniscule gaps around your existing window or door frames.
Our secondary double glazing can help counter the negative effects caused by the gaps around existing windows & doors. The perfect seal we create, not only stops drafts, but also prevents external pollution, smoke, dust, bugs & crawling insects from entering your home, apartment or office via the gaps around existing window or door frames.
Save Energy Costs
Secondary glazing of windows & doors helps to maintain the temperature inside your rooms. Less heat lost in winter & less heat in summer. This saves heating & cooling energy costs.
The additional & wider layer of air with our secondary glazing is the perfect insulating material and stabilises inside temperatures.
Window Noise Reduction – Soundproof Windows
Keep sound out (or inside) of your house or business. For residential buildings, this means reducing noise from the street, nearby businesses, and the world in general, to create a peaceful home environment. For many commercial glazing needs in Melbourne, the aim is more often to keep noise – from music, bands, machinery, or crowds – inside the building. And for some parents with special needs children, containing their noise contributes to a more harmonious living environment for the whole family.
For people who need in depth information about our secondary glazing, we have made available all the technical drawings. Each design is well illustrated with drawings for the reference of the keen technically oriented. Take a look and you will see for yourself how secondary glazing works & delivers benefits & advantages over traditional double glazing.
Quick & easy installation
Secondary double glazing is very quick & easy to install & there is far less disruption & mess, particularly as compared to traditional double glazing.
With secondary double glazing, we simply & quickly install the professionally measured frame & new window or door on the inside of your existing glass windows or doors, rather than having to completely remove the old & install new double glazed windows or doors.
Typically it will take less than one hour per door or window to install.